Monday

PAUL'S GOODBYE



From Miletus, Paul sent to Ephesus for the elders of the church.


Now Paul says goodbye to the elders of the church in Ephesus. A final farewell to students of Jesus who have matured in the likeness of Jesus and become leaders in the church!

What dear thoughts must have arisen in his mind! Did he remember the first time he came to Ephesus? No doubt he thought about the first time he met these men and how they responded to his message and became followers of Jesus.

Paul would certainly miss their close fellowship, yet be at ease knowing he was leaving the church in their loving care.

He reminds them of how he conducted himself while with them every day for over two years. What he says to them reveals to us a great deal about Paul’s personality and manner of teaching.

We see into the very heart of Paul when he shares - You know how I lived the whole time I was with you…I served the Lord with great humility and with tears.

Paul was a man of emotion and compassion. He was not a cold dispenser of facts. He cared and they had seen his love in his tears!

You know that I have not hesitated to preach anything that would be helpful to you but have taught you publicly and from house to house.

Sometimes Paul taught large assemblies. Often he would go to someone’s home and share the Good News with only a few.

I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus…However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

What an example of how to be a good student of Jesus Paul was to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment