Monday

IN OUR SHOES


And he has given him authority to judge because he is the Son of Man.

What gives Jesus the authority to judge our lives in the final day? The fact that He is God is qualification enough. He created us and informed us, so He has the right to judge us.

But there is more. There is a matter of fairness. True justice requires a jury of our peers or at least a judge who understands us.

Here, the reason given for Jesus’ authority to judge is the fact He is the Son of Man. He will not judge us until He actually walks in our shoes. Our Judge became a human being!

Now there can be no question of fairness.

And He took our place on the cross. Giving His life as just payment for the penalty of our sins!

Now there can be no excuse either. What defense could one offer in the courtroom of heaven if they turn away from this Teacher.

Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out—those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned.

In the Judgement Day those who are saved will only be saved because they believed and listened to the one who walked in their shoes when He took their sins upon Himself on the cross.

And those who are condemned will find no cause for appeal. For the Judge personally understands what it is like to live as a human being. He walked in their shoes too.

By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.

1 comment:

  1. "for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me."

    The Teacher once again sets the example.

    How many of us can truly say we seek not to please ourselves but God in heaven - every minute of evry day?

    ReplyDelete