Friday

KNOWING JESUS


I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me…

Is it possible to get to know Jesus? After all, hasn’t it been nearly 2,000 years since Jesus lived on the earth?
How is it possible now – as He says – to know Him?
The key is to listen to Him.
Here using the comparison of a shepherd to his flock, Jesus speaks of others who in the future will join Him.
I have other sheep that are not of this sheep pen. I must bring them also. They too will listen to my voice, and there shall be one flock and one shepherd.
What brings someone into this Shepherd’s flock is the desire and ability to listen to His voice.Deciding to become a student of this Teacher is how one gets to know Him. Enters into a personal daily relationship with Him!
Then by degrees Jesus reveals Himself more fully. Shepherding our lives in the positive direction of becoming more like Him in heart and life.
In fact, a student’s relationship with this Teacher can become such an intimate friendship that Jesus compares it to His own knowledge of His Heavenly Father.
I know my sheep and my sheep know me - just as the Father knows me and I know the Father…
Knowing Jesus! This is what being a student of Jesus is all about.

1 comment:

  1. All year, we've been trying to become better students. We've been focusing on trying to know Jesus better - learning from Him, the Teacher. Thanks again, Denny, for your thoughts and efforts and this blog.

    It is our desire to know Jesus more - and to follow Him closer.

    But listen again to this: "I know my sheep and my sheep know me."

    Jesus knows us. While we've been attempting to grow closer and exp[and our knowledge - Jesus knows us. He knows His sheep. We are all important to Him. He laid down His life for Ua (you, and me.)

    I have friends with several hundred head of cattle. After purchase or birth, each is given ear tags with numbers. It takes no time at all for them to know the animal, nut merely by the number, but by their look and personality.

    Maybe you feel or have felt that with all the people in the world, can God really care for individuals? Does Jesus really know me, personally?

    Like the above farmers - Jesus is the Good shepherd.

    He says, "I know my sheep and my sheep know me."

    He knows you - because He cares!

    ReplyDelete