Saturday

ONLY A NAZARENE?


But we know where this man is from; when the Christ comes, no one will know where he is from.

The people made a critical error in judgment. They thought Jesus was only a Nazarene, a person from the city of Nazareth.

True, Jesus’ hometown was Nazareth. But before He lived there, heaven was His hometown. This the people did not know. Did not take time to find out!

Today, many make the same kind of mistake about Jesus. They think He is just another teacher. Merely another wise philosopher or moral teacher in a long line of wise men of history!

They do not realize He comes from heaven.

Jesus attempts to expand their thinking about His origins – I am not here on my own…because I am from Him and He sent me.

Our Teacher is more than He appears. Students of the Teacher have come to understand this. He is not just a Nazarene!

He is the Teacher sent from God.

Jesus said, I am with you for only a short time, and then I go to the one who sent me.

Understanding who Jesus really is, where He comes from, changes everything. Suddenly this Teacher becomes greater than anyone who ever lived.

The realization grows that being a student of Jesus is the greatest opportunity a person will ever have in life.

Listening to the voice of Jesus! Hearing the voice of God! This is wisdom for living from the One who created everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment