Tuesday

TAKE HEART!



I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.

The fact that anyone living in this fallen and sinful world would encounter trouble seems obvious.

Yet some erroneously teach and many mistakenly believe that becoming a student of Jesus removes all of life’s troubles. In fact, people sometimes become discouraged and stop following Jesus when they continue to experience troubles.

But the Teacher says - In this world you will have trouble.

Yet, Jesus is sure that our troubles will not be able to disturb our peace – Take heart! I have overcome the world!

What does this mean? Why should we take heart in the midst of trouble?

Hasn’t Jesus been talking about His continual presence through the Holy Spirit? Isn’t this a source of unfailing comfort, even in the middle of problems, suffering and danger?

Our Teacher has overcome the world!

Jesus’ troubles in the world did not defeat Him. He overcame every difficulty life threw at Him. He surmounted enemy opposition. Died victoriously and even vanquished death, emerging from the tomb!

Our Teacher overcame all troubles by remaining in the Father’s love! And now He says every student enjoys the same position and power with God.

No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Troubles? Yes, but take heart! God loves you…

Yet I am not alone, for my Father is with me.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it interesting that Jesus said that He had overcome the world even before He suffered on the tramatic trial and crucifixion? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete